Bosch, Thermador Expanding Recall of Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard
On October 19, 2017 BSH Home Appliances Corporation, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, voluntarily agreed to expand its 2015 safety recall to replace the power cords on certain models of Bosch and Thermador® brand dishwashers. The Bosch and Thermador brand dishwashers affected by this safety recall expansion were manufactured from September 2012 through January 2015 and sold through appliance and specialty retailers in the United States and Canada.
The previous dishwasher power cord recall, dated October 1, 2015, included Thermador brand dishwashers manufactured from January 2008 through December 2013 and sold through appliance and specialty retailers in the United States and Canada.
You may also call the safety recall hotline at (888) 965-5813.
Hours: Monday through Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
How Do I Know If My Dishwasher is Included in the Recall?
- If you registered your appliance with the manufacturer, you will have received a letter in the mail regarding the recall.
- Call the BSH Safety Recall Hotline at: (888) 965-5813 and speak to a safety representative who can help determine if your model is affected and they will provide you with a reference number.
- Visit the following websites to see if your dishwasher is affected:
How Do I Find My Model and Serial Number?
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR DISHWASHER IS PART OF THE RECALL
As an authorized contractor for Bosch and Thermador Dishwasher Appliances, AAA Appliance Service Center technicians are certified to handle all recall repairs. If you are in the Metro Chicago or Metro Atlanta area, give us a call at: (888) 966-1950 or Request Service today.
Make sure that you have your Model, Serial Number and Production Code readily available for our technicians when you call.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR VISIT
- Know what electrical breaker the dishwasher is attached to. This will need to be shut off when our certified technician is there.
- Make sure that the dishwasher can be pulled out, and there are no accessibility issues with the flooring or countertop.
- Be aware of the location of the power outlet that the dishwasher is plugged into. If it is not nearby the dishwasher, please locate it and notify us of the location.